Certain beauty products can run up a serious bill, stretch mark cream being one of them. As big supporter of natural beauty recipes, I dissected my favorite product and decided that it was time to try making it myself, without all the added nonsense.
Below is a homemade stretch mark cream recipe that really works wonders!
Ingredients for the homemade stretch mark cream
Shea Butter: nourishing and moisturising.
Cocoa Butter: emolient, very moisturising.
Coconut Oil: heals and repairs.
Vitamin E: promotes healing
Lavender: anti inflammatory properties
DIY stretch mark cream for pregnancy recipe:
- In a bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of each of shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil
- Add 10 drops of Vitamin E
- Place the mixture in a pan and stir over low heat until melted
- When the mixture is melted, whip with a whisk and then remove from heat
- Add 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- Stir well and pour the mixture into an airtight container and let it cool to harden in the fridge to harden
- Massage into any areas you need it!
The cream can be stored at room temperature. The oil will harden again but turn to liquid form after just a few second in your hand which makes it easy to spread.